Saibaba being denied even food by jail authorities. humiliation under humid conditions
After the Nagpur High Court Bench rejected Prof G.N. Saibabaʹs bail application, the food previous provided by the jail authorities have been withdrawn. They stopped giving milk, egg etc.
Present health condition of Prof. G.N. Saibaba under prevailing heat wave in Nagpur
Today i.e. on 11.05.2019 (Saturday), I met my brother Dr. G. N. Saibaba on Jail mulakath to know his present health condition and to give some books and medicines. During our less than a half an hour jail mulakath conversation, I could not able to get full information on his health issues, brisk exchange of words through the two wired telephones on either side of the faded acrylic glass sheet, I am hereby giving a very brief report.
1. The summer sun in Nagpur on 11th May 2019 is very warm, humid and terribly hot. The sun rays directly enter from 9 AM to 5 PM into the small ʹAnda Cellʹ (so called high security cell), where Dr.G.N. Saibaba was put in. He said it is impossible to bear such a hotness to stay in the Anda Cell during entire daytime. Even though requested for cooler to survive from heat wave, so far, no arrangements have been made.
2. The jail authorities are repeated telling that they provided two assistants to Dr. Saibaba for help. But the two attendants are the persons who were also convicted in the same case along with Dr. G.N. Saibaba. The two are very innocent and the authorities are indirectly pressurising them not to extend help properly to Dr. Saibaba. The two are helpless, worried about their families and under fear.
3. The Doctors at Government Medical College, Nagpur advised him not to expose to high temperatures in the summer due to his existing cardiac problem.
4. He is unable to urinate and pass stool (feces) due to very hot atmospheric conditions. This also affects his kidneys. The burning sensation while passing urine has been increased many folds.
5. He is unable to take food. But the new development is that the food whatever taken is not digesting cause pain. The stomach is showing high burning sensation.
6. Skin is also showing itching and burning feelings.
7. His left hand is already not functioning due to traumatic brachial plexopathy. Now his right hand is also becoming slowly non-functioning. Both the hands are trembling severely. It has been difficult at least to hold a spoon while eating and properly feeding into the mouth because of shivering of hands.
8. The Nagpur Governmental Medical College doctors advised physiotherapy on a daily basis. But is has been very difficult for Dr. Saibaba to attend at the hospital since he is unable to shift by himself from the wheel chair to the bed and back and due to unavailability of security personnel.
9. Nagpur Governmental Medical College doctors also advised use of six pillows, hot and cold packs along the back. But so far, the Jail authorities did not provide any of these.
10. After the Nagpur High Court Bench rejected his bail application, the food previous provided by the jail authorities have been withdrawn. They stopped giving milk, egg, etc.
11. In an earlier order, the Jail authorities rejected our family members application requesting to shift Dr. Saibaba from Nagpur Central jail to Cherlapalli central Jail, Hyderabad.
12. Day by day his health is deteriorating rapidly. We request the Maharashtra Government and the honourable Governor of Maharashtra to allow shifting of Dr. Saibaba from Nagpur Central jail to Cherlapalli central Jail, Hyderabad under his very bad health condition and multiple illnesses. In Hyderabad, Govt hospitals have the facility to address his all ailments. In Hyderabad, where I am residing along with my mother, we can give the required medicines and extend moral support to him.
G. RamdevKeywords : gn saibaba, nagpur, jail, maoists, police
11th May 2019.
No. of visitors : 6443
Release Prof G.N Saibaba From Jail - Justice Markandey Katju
I am sending this appeal seeking release of Prof. Saibaba who has been given life sentence by Gadchiroli Distt Court, and whose appeal is pending before the Nagpur Bench of Bombay High Court.
బుధవారం సాయంత్రం సాయిబాబాతో....
ఆయనకు రెండు కాళ్ళు లేవు... నడవలేడు...ఎక్కడికి వెళ్ళాలన్నా చక్రాల కుర్చీనే.. జైల్లో మరింత అనారోగ్యం పాలయ్యాడు... పాలకుల కర్కషత్వంతో ఒక చేయి కూడా పనికి రాకుండా పోయింది. అతని పేరు సాయిబాబా. ప్రొఫెసర్ సాయిబాబా. ఢిల్లీ యూనివర్సిటీలో ఇంగ్లీష్ బోధిస్తాడు... పాలకు దృష్టిలో మావోయిస్టు...
గూగీ వా థియాంగో...జి.ఎన్. సాయిబాబా...యుద్దకాలంలో స్వప్నాలు
నేను ఆ నవలను కెన్యాలో కామిటి అత్యంత భద్రతా కారాగారంలో 1978లో టాయిలెట్ పేపర్ మీద రాశాను.ఇప్పుడు సాయిబాబా మరొక జైలులో, భారతదేశంలో మహారాష్ట్రలో నాగపూర్ అత్యంత భద్రతా కారాగారంలో ఒక ఒంటరి కొట్టులో ఉండి నా మరొక పుస్తకాన్ని అనువాదం చేయడం ఎంత చారిత్రక వైచిత్రి?!
Condemn the irrational and illegal conviction of Prof GN Saibaba and others
The judgment is illegal, irrational, atrocious and highly motivated, to say the least. None of the charges framed against the accused stand a real test of judicial inquiry as all of them are fabricated and the evidences are concocted or drawn out of context....
DU refuses to reinstate Saibaba despite VP push
Delhi Universityʹs Ram Lal Anand College has decided not to reinstate
Professor GN Saibaba, who was granted bail by the Supreme Court in April in a case...
చావుబతుకుల మధ్య సాయిబాబా..ఆయనకు మెడికల్ బెయిల్ ఇవ్వాలి
తన చేతులు విడుపులేకుండా వణుకుతున్నాయి. బరువు కూడా బాగా కోల్పోయారు. ఇప్పుడు తనను కుర్చీలోంచి పడకమీదికి మార్చాలంటే కనీసం ఇద్దరు మనుషుల సహాయం అవసరం. డిసెంబర్ 26న వైద్య పరీ క్షల సమయంలో కూడా సాయి సోదరుడు, ఒక పోలీసు కలిసి తనను అనేక సార్లు చేతుల మీద ఎత్తుకుని మార్చాల్సి వచ్చింది.
ప్రొఫెసర్ సాయిబాబాను వెంటనే ఆసుపత్రికి తరలించి సరైన వైద్యం అందించాలి - విరసం
రెండు కాళ్ళు పని చేయని మనిషికి, ఒక చేయి కూడా కదలని స్థితి ఏర్పడటం ఎటువంటిదో ఊహించవచ్చు. ఈ విధంగా మనిషిని ముట్టుకోకుండా కూడా చిత్ర హింసలు పెట్టవచ్చని నాగపూర్ జైలు అధికారులు నిరూపిస్తున్నారు. ఆయన నేరం చేసాడా లేదా అన్నదాంతో సంబంధం, లేకుండానే జైలు నిబంధనల ప్రకారం కూడా ఇది తీవ్రమైన మానవ హక్కుల ఉల్లంఘన.
“It’s The State That’s Violating the Constitution, Not Us”
At a south Delhi housing complex, Vasantha Kumari, wife of Prof GN Saibaba, waters the plants in her backyard in quiet reflection. Some of them, large tubs of month-old flower saplings, shoot up defiantly
Solidarity Statement from the US Coalition to Free Professor G.N. Saibaba
We in the US Coalition to Free Professor G.N. Saibaba heard about the Nagpur High Courtʹs outrageous decision to deny Saibaba bail on medical grounds. We are deeply disappointed, but not surprised. We have followed Saibabaʹs case closely and we know that his health continues to deteriorate.
Health of imprisoned DU Professor G.N. Saibaba is seriously deteriorating
According to court order I met Sai last on 26th December 2018 with his brother Ramdev, when he was taken to the Nagpur Government Medical College Hospital (GMCH). Usually, I see Sai through the barred glass panes of the mulakat window.